Get Up_Get Dressed_Fashion is Life
This is kind of a personal Bible. I write about what I love and things that inspire me in some way within Fashion. People say that its superficial- there has to be something more beneficial to write about? I don't think they've read Vogue or been to Topshop...

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

In With Outer-Wear

This season, as far as coats and jackets are concerned, we are definitely spoiled for choice. Its only October and I've already got my Aviator jacket ticked off my Wish List. H&M's affordable and stylish option. I admit, its not exactly Burberry standard styling but my budget doesn't exactly stretch to such lengths and the texture of the shearling is so soft and warm, its a close replacement while I'm waiting for the real thing.



Next on the agenda, although not a key item for this season, is yet another leather jacket- I think I'm developing a fetish but that's for another site... The neutral beige colour is perfect for the "minimal bare" look now and it has a retro seventies feel which does tie in current trends. I bought it for only £30 at London Fashion Weekend, this Lipsy original is my wardrobe staple at the moment and I suspect it will be in the coming winter!




So, all that's left is the knitted cardigan. Its my missing piece at the moment as I just can't find one that feels right. Discussing this with my friend only yesterday, she seemed to agree. A cardigan has the perfect cosy cable knit but doesn't have the large Abercrombie and Fitch style buttons or doesn't have any buttons at all which is my pet hate. Its not that I typically button-up cardigans fashioning myself ready for the Antarctic but without them, it just doesn't fall right. The patterned designs are my favourite right now, though, with the classic two tone patterns. Bellow is my short list:

Miss Selfrige, £38
 Miss Selfrige, £36
 Zara, £39.99
 Oasis, £50

 Oli.co.uk, £50
 Zara, £59.99
 Warehouse, £65



Note the button style from the Hollister knitted sweater above,
not the actual sweater itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment