Get Up_Get Dressed_Fashion is Life
This is kind of a personal Bible. I write about what I love and things that inspire me in some way within Fashion. People say that its superficial- there has to be something more beneficial to write about? I don't think they've read Vogue or been to Topshop...

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Festival Feverr

So I may have put a bit of a downer on festival fashion on the highstreet before but that is because I see the stunning starlettes hitting the stage in perfect festival outfits and the stage is where this kind of costume belongs.
Watching Florence's emotional and gorgeous performance at Glastonbury this year, I have to admit, there aren't many times I almost don;t notice what someone is wearing when I see them but this time I have to say her singing of "You've got the Love" completely through me. It was only looking back over google that I was reminded of the white flowy leotard she donned for the occasion.
Ellie Goulding has been making statements in t-shirts this year with simple white tee's embellished perfectly to add to the toned down glamour of her sets at V Festival, Glastonbury and T4 on the beach.


















Marina and the Diamonds followed suit (or tee) with an over-sized t-shirt with a cheeky bra and pants set embellished on the top (at Isle of Wight Festival), a Disney themed number and the red tiger shown here. I don't know about you but I love the casual and comfortable glamour of the t-shirt. This autumn, the comfortable statement seems to be the perfect one to me.


Check out http://www.gigwise.com/ for coverage of all this year's fesivals across the globe.

2 comments: