Get Up_Get Dressed_Fashion is Life
This is kind of a personal Bible. I write about what I love and things that inspire me in some way within Fashion. People say that its superficial- there has to be something more beneficial to write about? I don't think they've read Vogue or been to Topshop...

Monday, August 30, 2010

Get Suited and Booted for A/W 2010

This Autumn, its all about smooth, clean lines and delicate, classic styles. The trousers are back with a vengeance in leg lengthening styles and colour scales ranging from taupe to beige. The coat has a resurgence as designers start becoming sensible, surely it can't be true?!

Don't panic, fashion followers, but do be prepared to walk the walk this season. Boots are coming from every direction and at Prada, Alexander McQueen and Dior they are hitting thigh height while Acne and Aldo are returning to the wild days of Punk for Doc Marten style biker boots with added high fashion class. A personal highlight had to be the Chanel biker boot in a luxurious calf-skin leather and large buckles for that dark/grunge edge Karl Lagerfeld does best.










 Another Chanel favourite was the furry boots also seen at Lanvin, perfect for those snowy days at home or in the Alps.






The third style has to come from Burberry with the ankle shearling boots of their A/W 2010 collection. The fur trim and killer heels are the ultimate in glamorous rock n roll style. Wear with beaten leathers and a rockstar boyfriend and you can't go wrong this season.

For more info on these shoes visit: 

2 comments:

  1. To be honest, I'm a little bit scared of this year's fall/winter fashion. It's all so serious! I like it, but I'm missing some cute or crazy details and colors a bit...
    Thanks for your comment!
    xx

    http://fashionutty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I'm gunna miss my little floral dresses but I'm so excited for layers and jackets and boots.. As strange as that sounds :D Xxx

    ReplyDelete